The top weight on the motor shaft rotates in a plane close to the centre of the mass of assembly. Rotation of the top eccentric weights creates vibration in the horizontal plane which causes material to move across the screen cloth to periphery Increasing the top eccentric mass Increases the horizontal throw causing oversize material to discharge at a fast rate.
The bottom eccentric weight rotates below the centre of vibrating, mass creating it on the screen giving Vibration in vertical & tangential planes, increasing the vertical component of motion which promotes turnover of material on the screen surface helping maximum quantity of undersize material to pass through the screen. The effective vertical motion helps in minimising blinding of screen by near size particles. The tangential component of motion is controlled by the angle of lead given to bottom weights with relation to top weight
Planetary mixers consist of a single or double blade with a high-speed dispersion blade (Emulsifier / Homogenizer). Intimate & homogeneous mixing of products is achieved by planetary motion of beaters & centrally located high-speed dispersion blade for vacuum jacketed mixer units.
The PLM consists of two open beaters moving in planetary motion, scraper blade & centrally located high-speed homogenizer run by a separate motor to manufacture ointments, creams, suspensions, etc.
The Planetary Mixer Includes
- Provision to mix Products under vacuum for de-aeration purpose.
- Teflon scrapers are provided to avoid localized heating or cooling & ensure uniform mixing.
- Top drive & agitator assembly can be lifted & lowered by motorized as well as hydraulic systems.
- A smaller version of planetary Mixer is Provided with a manual lifting arrangement for the bowl instead of top drive & agitator assembly.
- The pneumatic system is also available for lifting & lowering top drive & agitator assembly for smaller versions of Planetary Mixers. Different designs of beaters are available to suit the mixing requirements of a wide variety of materials.
- The laboratory model of the PLM mixer with Homogenizer is also available in batch sizes of 2 liters to 5 liters with various types of mixing blades.